Through writing, speaking and leading, Thom has served the faith community for 40 years. He’s the founder of Group Publishing and Lifetree Café. He’s the author of many books, including “Why Nobody Wants to Go to Church Anymore.” And he’s the founding director of Group Cares, a non-profit organization that serves disadvantaged families throughout the world.
Welcome to HolySoup.com!
Thom Schultz is an eclectic author and the founder of Group Publishing and Lifetree Café. Holy Soup offers innovative approaches to ministry, and challenges the status quo of today’s church.
- Why They Don’t Sing on Sunday Anymore May 21, 2014
- The Church’s Frightful Kodak Moment January 15, 2014
- Gay Debate: The Church’s Dangerous Dilemma February 25, 2014
- 4 Reasons the Majority Stay Away from Church September 4, 2013
- Confessions of a Worship Wars Mercenary May 28, 2014
- The Church’s 2 Imminent Threats October 29, 2014
- A Murky Forecast for the ‘Religion Industry’ October 15, 2014
- Am I Enough? October 1, 2014
- The Coming New Reformation September 24, 2014
- The Antidote to Hypocrisy September 10, 2014
- Jerry: Great Questions, Thom. Change IS a #1 fear in ALL ...
- Cheryl W: Several years ago I gave birth to a daughter. She ...
- Thom Schultz: Thanks, Karyn. The film "When God Left the Buildin...
- Karyn Custer-Jankowski: Thom, I always pass your articles along to fellow ...
- jmarrapodi: Btw I can lead a SWOT discussion if you want to lo...
biblical illiteracy children's ministry Christian education church attendance church budgets church change church decline church future church planting church trends communicators dechurched discipleship equipping evangelism faith faith development fearless conversation feedback future of the church genuine humility God Space grace great communicators hypocrisy judgmentalism leadership learning lecture Lifetree Cafe mission missional outreach pew-sitters preaching pride relational ministry sermons speaking spiritual growth teaching unchurched vision worship youth ministry