Through writing, speaking and leading, Thom has served the faith community for 40 years. He’s the founder of Group Publishing and Lifetree Café. He’s the author of many books, including “Why Nobody Wants to Go to Church Anymore.” And he’s the founding director of Group Cares, a non-profit organization that serves disadvantaged families throughout the world.
Welcome to HolySoup.com!
Thom Schultz is an eclectic author and the founder of Group Publishing and Lifetree Café. Holy Soup offers innovative approaches to ministry, and challenges the status quo of today’s church.
- Why They Don’t Sing on Sunday Anymore May 21, 2014
- The Rise of the Dones November 12, 2014
- The Shocking Truth of Church Budgets August 6, 2013
- The Church’s Frightful Kodak Moment January 15, 2014
- Confessions of a Worship Wars Mercenary May 28, 2014
- Shaming Them into Church September 2, 2015
- Ban the Books, Writers and Musicians August 26, 2015
- 10 Ways Through the Same-Sex Tsunami August 18, 2015
- They’re Almost Done with Church–and More Conservative July 29, 2015
- The Church’s Hidden Back Door July 22, 2015
- Scott Randolph: It often is a rejection of themselves and their le...
- Gail bruce: Also, most churches have a few songs, break for an...
- Steve Simms: Oops. Please don't shame me. I messed up. That's s...
- Steve Simms: If Christians are coming to church, perhaps church...
- Wayne Rucz: Pastors will often use shaming as a knee jerk reac...
attendance celebrity pastors children's ministry church attendance church budgets church change church decline church future church growth church mission church planting church refugees church staff church trends communicators dechurched dialog discipleship equipping evangelism faith fearless conversation future of the church God Space grace homosexuality judgmentalism leadership learning Lifetree Cafe mission missional outreach pew-sitters preaching pride relational ministry sermons speaking spiritual growth teaching the Dones vision worship youth ministry