I just returned from a land where the church is booming.
- Almost all the churches are small–typically no more than a couple dozen members. When they grow beyond that, they sprout new churches.
- Nobody cares about the typical church ABCs–attendance, buildings, and cash. Instead they focus closely on the One Thing–a growing relationship with Jesus.
- They aren’t divided into tribes that are distinguished by theological hair-splitting.
- They don’t attend ministry conferences.
- They can’t name even one famous pastor whose ministry they could covet.
- They receive no help or tax-free status from the government. In fact, the government stands in the way of the church.